Poster Design, More Levels, Improved UX
November 27, 2019
This week, I worked on designing my poster for the end-of-semester design expo that I’ll be presenting this game at. I also made more levels, fixed bugs, and formalized the game logic more. Blog post is brief, because the work has been focused and pointed.
- I’ve decided that for every level, the behavior of an instrument’s numbers is consistent (e.g. bass drum always 10 on center, 5 on outside).
- Fixed bugs with muting the metronome not working
- Players can now mute all game audio during a level.
- Players can now clear all of their save data if they wish.
- When a tutorial popup is up, the level itself is not visible.
In order, the levels are now:
- Bass Drum on 1 and 3
- Bass Drum on 1 and 3, but neighbor numbers get subtracted
- Bass 1 and 3, Snare 2 and 4
- 6/8 waltz feel
- some 4/4 cool thing idk what its called
- a 3:2 polyrhythm!
- boots and cats
I started designing the poster! You can preview the poster here.
Android Build… Probably Not, For Now
I tried to set up Unity for Android builds and was met with my computer crashing. An hour or so of debugging didn’t really help so I decided to instead build for WebGL.
Instead of a video, you can play an in-progress version of the game!
Play GridBeat HERE!
- Last set of levels. I want to be at 14 levels when the semester ends!